- There is a period when the intestines adjust & bowel movements will be very liquid & frequent. This condition can lessen over the time, but it will be a lifelong condition.
- Abdominal bloating & foul-smelling stool or even gas problems may occur.
- Patients & their primary care doctor should monitor for the protein malnutrition,
anemia & bone disease all over the patients life. Patients should also need to take vitamin supplements for rest of their lives. If patient was not taking either of these precautions that may lead to the health issues which requires treatment. In fact, it is been found that if the patients do not follow eating & vitamin supplement instructions very closely at least 25 % will develop the problems which requires treatment.
Day-to-day problems which related to the obesity include:
- Changes in intestinal structure may also increase the risk of forming gallstones & the need of gallbladder removal.
- Patients should be aware of the possibilities of intestinal irritation & ulcers.